Re: Bye !

From: Jean Thioulouse (Jean.Thioulouse@biomserv.univ-lyon1.fr)
Date: Fri Jul 03 1998 - 14:08:38 MET DST

Federico Spinazzi <federico@SysPr03.disat.unimi.it> writes :
>I would like to say bye bye to all the people here around. (I'm leaving
>for 10 month civil service in a three days.)

Good Luck for your civil service !

>I plan to write some program (I'm working on them) as I've said in the
>past. I've had a lot of trouble with basic I/O routines, just to say, so
>I stopped when I was on the way. Now I have resolved some problems so, if
>I'll have time to work on them I'll announce my work also here (given
>that's OK)

Of course it is.

>To Jean (and anybody interested): if it could be usefull for ADE
>developement, I've written some ANSI C function that could recognize and
>read in memory at run-time:

Thank you, but I prefer to stick with my own functions... Although they
are far from perfect too :)

>My dream is to work on an ADEsheet.exe module wich could be usefull to
>data management. I would plan to use DELPHI or C++ BUILDER, but, for the
>moment it is only a project, and it will be difficult to port to MAC.
>Any comment ?

It would be very usefull indeed, but I think it is too much work. Using a
commercial spreadsheet and exporting to text (then importing to ADE-4 binary)
is sufficient in my opinion.

>If someone is interested in my program for Bray-Curtis Ordination (with a
>little postscript manual and examples) could write me. It is possible to
>put it somewhere on the ADE WEB pages while I have no access to e-mail ?

Yes, i can put them in the utilities page.

Jean

--
Jean Thioulouse - Laboratoire de Biometrie -  Universite Lyon 1
69622 Villeurbanne Cedex - France           Fax: 04 78 89 27 19