Liens_Freeware_Graphiques

From: Daniel Chessel (chessel@biomserv.univ-lyon1.fr)
Date: Sat May 23 1998 - 07:55:27 MET DST

Suite à la question de Luis Tito, j'ai vérifié les liens indiqués pour les
freeware de digitalisation et les éditeurs de graphes

1) Groups&Graphs
2) Cabri-Graphe
3) Datathief
4) Digigraf

1) Groups&Graphs
Info sur Groups&Graphs à
http://130.179.24.217/G&G/G&G.html
Last update=27 Mar, 98
Java applet by Michael Chernecki
Groups & Graphs 2.5.4 is now available. See below for some of the new features.
Groups & Graphs is a software package for graphs, digraphs, combinatorial
designs, and their automorphism groups. New in version 2.5 is support
for vertex-coloured graphs, and for configurations in the real projective
plane. Some of the features of G&G are:

       Visual graph/digraph editor;
       Automorphism group computation;
       Graph certificate which identifies a graph uniquely up to isomorphism;
       Hamiltonian cycles;
       Planarity test and planar layout;
       Line graphs, neighbour graphs, bipartite doubles, distance-k graphs;
       High quality Postscript output of graphs and digraphs;
       Display of orbits, generators, and elements of permutation groups;
       Block systems, commutator subgroups, stabilisers, quotient groups;
       Double cosets, Cayley graphs.

New Features in G&G 2.5:

       Symmetrization now works for digraphs (by popular demand).
       Draw symmetric now works for digraphs.
       Option click on a permutation in a list of group elements to
generate a subgroup.
       Copy and paste perms from one group window to another.
       Automorphism groups of large graphs are now computed faster (version
2.5.4).
       Colour is now supported for graphs and digraphs. The vertices of a
graph can be coloured, either with a paint brush tool, or automatically.
(Edge
       colouring is not yet supported.)
       Planar graphs can be 4-coloured.
       Kempe chains can be constructed and flipped, for studying the
4-colour theorem.
       Graphs with non-identity automorphism groups can now be drawn
automatically, using the symmetry of a selected permutation P in the
       automorphism group. G&G tries to find the longest cycle in the graph
on which the selected perm P acts cyclically. The result is often a nice
       drawing of the graph.
       Ham cycles - G&G will produce a file of all ham cycles in a graph.
       Vertices of a graph can now be selected according to their degree
(=k, <k, or >k).
       The arrow keys can be used to scroll through a group window
containing a selected permutation.
       The maximum allowable order of a graph is now set at 4096. However,
keep in mind that large graphs take longer to display and compute with,
       and require a lot of memory.
       Real projective planar configurations can now be constructed in G&G,
eg. the Desargues and Pappus configurations, and many others.
       Click on a point or line in a projective configuration, and move it.
The entire drawing moves and flexes, allowing a configuration to be seen
from
       many viewpoints.
       Lines and points can be immobilized if it is desired to restrict
their movement.
       Panning and zooming of projective drawings is available. Drawings
can be panned all the way to infinity.
       A point or line in a projective drawing can be sent to infinity.
       The incidence graph of a projective drawing can be constructed. Its
automorphism group orbits can be reflected in the projective drawing.
       Projective drawings can be saved as text files for export to other
programs.

G&G Survey

Platforms, and Downloading G&G

Groups & Graphs is currently available for Macintosh computers. We expect
to have a release for BeOS and Win95 around August, 1998.

G&G is 32-bit-clean, and runs on 68K and PowerPC Macs. A floating point
co-processor is not required on 68k machines, but floating point arithmetic
is used for the planar layout algorithm and for printing digraphs. Floating
point arithmetic is used extensively for projective drawings. Apple events
are
supported under system 7. G&G 2.5 comes in 3 versions: PPC, 68k, and 68k
fpu. G&G 2.4 is also still available.

Download

              Groups&Graphs 2.5 PPC (560K),
              Groups&Graphs 2.5 68k fpu (360K),
              Groups&Graphs 2.5 68k non-fpu (360K).

ftp://BKOCAY.CS.UMANITOBA.CA/GroupsGraphs25_PPC.hqx
envoie directement la version 2.5 pour PPC

ftp://BKOCAY.CS.UMANITOBA.CA/GroupsGraphs25_fpu.hqx
envoie la version pour Mac avec fpu
L'adresse dans la doc de NGUtil p. 11 est toujours valide

2) Cabri-Graphe

Info sur cabri-Graphe à
http://www.ash.org.au/teachers/aamtprof/mbytes/share.html

Cabri-Graphe (340K, hqx)
>From the makers of Cabri Geometry, an excellent FREE tool for exploring
networks, paths and graph theory using the
              same wonderful "point,click and drag" interface.

le lien
http://www.ash.org.au/teachers/aamtprof/files/Cabri-Graphe.hqx
envoie directement Cabri-Graphe 3.1
325 k0 compacté
Dans la doc de NGUtil p. 8
http://www-Cabri.Imag.fr/CabriGraphes/cabri_graph.html
Il existe plusieurs versions du logiciel Cabri-graphs sur le site ftp
anonyme de l'IMAG , Institut de
Mathématiques Appliquées de Grenoble (ftp://ftp.imag.fr/pub/CABRI/). Le
logiciel a été développé
pour fonctionner sur des ordinateurs Macintosh.

Cabri-graph version 3.1b13

Cette version est un logiciel gratuit (un freeware) mis à la disposition du
public. Les différences
avec la version présentée sont son interface graphique (noir et blanc) et
le fait que les seuls graphes
"manipulables" sont des graphes simples non orientés et sans boucle.

       Télécharger ici Cabri-graph

       La documentation de cette version est en anglais.

Prochainement

 Cabri-graphes version 4.0 (de démonstration)

       La version exposée (février 98).

 Cabri-graphes, le manuel d'utilisateur (en français)

       mars 1998

ftp://ftp.imag.fr/pub/CABRI/CabriGraph3.2FAT.sea.bin
envoie directement CabriGraph3.2FAT 473 Ko compacté

3) Datathief

Info sur Datathief à
http://www.cc.ic.ac.uk/helpdesk/73.1228.html
Just before I sent this issue out I got the latest Info-Mac digest with
news of another application that performs a similar task. Called DataThief,
it is limited to reading in data from a scanned graph and appears to only
handle X-Y graphs, although in both PICT and Paint format. DataThief
includes auto-trace
and manual modes, so you can do the tracing yourself if it doesn't seem to
be getting it right. DataThief is compatible with System 7 and the author
(Kees
Huyser, I presume) merely asks that you send a postcard. Between DigiGraf
and DataThief, it sounds to me like you can get a fair amount of power for
the price.

DataThief is available via anonymous FTP from

       sumex-aim.stanford.edu
       in the directory
       /info-mac/app/data-thief-106.hqx

       Information from:
       Simon Tortike -- simon@cs.ualberta.ca
       Kees Huyser -- keeshu@nikhefk.nikhef.nl

recherché le 23/06/98
plus de data-thief-106.hqx dans cette directory
dans la doc de MapUtil p.7
http://www.nikhefk.nikhef.nl/~keeshu/dataThief.sit.hqx
le serveur www.nikhefk.nikhef.nl a changé de nom mais
l'ouverture de
http://www.nikhefk.nikhef.nl/~keeshu/dataThief.sit.hqx
renvoie directement dataThief 2.0
167 k0 décompacté

4) Digigraf

info sur Digigraf à
http://www.cc.ic.ac.uk/helpdesk/73.1228.html
DigiGraf, a freeware plot digitizer

DigiGraf is an application for digitizing graphical information on an
Apple Macintosh computer. It is compatible with System 7 and is 32-bit
clean. Using a mouse or the Bit Pad Plus by Summagraphics, the data
can be entered using either a signal from the device such as a click,
or by sampling a given number of times per second. Data sets entered
previously can be cancelled. The data are written to a window using
a user-specified format and precision, and these data can be saved to
a text file of a specified creator. The data are scaled and offset
according to the values entered by the user, which includes the
specification of logarithmic scales. The graph can be positioned in
any way by the user, but tolerances must be met when defining the
axes. The entire area of the graphics tablet is available to the
user. All the results are recalculated from the raw data, with no
loss of accuracy, every time the axes are redefined, the scale reset
or the format changed. The raw data is not saved in the file, only
the processed information. The user may add comments to the file
ahead of the data, but nowhere else. The data may be selected and
copied to the clipboard, but may not be overwritten. The data is
delimited by tabs so that it can be used directly in a plotting
application such as Cricket Graph. Most other applications will
also handle tab-delimited data so analysis can easily be performed
according to the requirements of the user.

DigiGraf is freeware, copyright 1989-92 by the author,
W. Simon Tortike.

DigiGraf can be found on "src.doc.ic.ac.uk" in the directory
"packages/mac/sumex/graphic/utility"

Recherché le 23/05/98
/pub/"packages/mac/sumex/ ne contient pas de directory graphic !
info sur Digigraf à
http://www.ssrc.hku.hk/tb-issues/TidBITS-085.html#lnk4
DigiGraf Goes Freeware

Simon Tortike just announced on Usenet that he is transforming his DigiGraf
digitizing application from shareware to freeware. Simon said that he no
longer has the time to support the program to the extent that he feels he
must to justify its existence as shareware. I wish to applaud Simon's
forthrightness in dealing with this situation - most people would merely
have stopped upgrading the program and continued to cash the occasional
check.
Thank you, Simon.

I personally have not seen DigiGraf, and to tell the truth, I'm unlikely to
look for it because I have no need of its abilities. It is a digitizing
program that
allows you to turn a graph, diagram, mesh, or contour back into the
original numbers (an extremely useful transformation for those who need
it). Those
of you who have been with us for a while might remember the first product
review we published, sometime last January. It was a program called
FlexiTrace, and was reviewed for us by Len Schwer. From Simon's
description, I gather that DigiGraf will do much the same thing as
FlexiTrace,
although it may not be as polished and will certainly not get the same
support. You can use DigiGraf with either a normal mouse or with a
Summagraphics Bit Pad Plus (although Simon says he hasn't tested the latest
version of DigiGraf thoroughly with the Bit Pad Plus). You can also
digitize
graphical data that is already in your Mac, so if you have a scanner you
can use that to grab data as well as a mouse or tablet.

Simon's description of DigiGraf's abilities is better than what I could do,
so I quote: "DigiGraf will translate, rotate, and scale your data, which
can be
entered as individual points or by scanning at a certain rate per second.
It handles logarithmic and linear scales, and allows the user to choose the
display
formats. All data can be saved to a text file, or be copied and pasted. The
data is tab-delimited, so one can paste it directly into a spreadsheet or a
plotting
program. The only hard part is clicking on the positive end point of each
axis and on the origin, to identify the (orthogonal) coordinate system. Use
DigiGraf to replot those old, hard-to-read functions, or to change plotted
data into tables for input to another program. Digitize mesh node
coordinates
from a diagram for use with finite element software. Digitize the outline
of a spinal cord X-ray. Digitize a contour map. A hundred and one uses.
:-)"
Thank you, Simon, although I still don't have the foggiest idea what a mesh
node coordinate is or what it has to do with finite element software. But
if
you do know what it is, then you may want to check out DigiGraf. The price
is right, and I would suggest sending Simon a thank you note if you use
DigiGraf at all.

DigiGraf is officially available by anonymous FTP from

       mmpe.mineral.ualberta.ca
       in the directory
       ~ftp/pub/digigraf1.41.sit.hqx

Recherché le 23/05/98 : pas eu d'accés
J'ai un Digigraf 1.4.4 de 86 ko pour les amateurs
>Bonjour,
>
>Je cherche à réaliser un corrélogramme fondé sur l'indice de Geary, tel
>celui décrit dans Legendre & Legendre (Ecologie numérique, V. 2, p.
>264-265). A partir d'un nombre d'individus compté sur chaque case d'un
>substrat artificiel divisé en 150 cases (15*10). Il s'agit d'un
>corrélogramme comportant la valeur de l'indice calculé pour chaque classe
>de distances.
>
>Je ne crois pas qu' ADE permette de réaliser ce type d'analyses, à moins qu'il
>n'y ait eu de nouveaux modules.
>Quelqu'un pourrait-il me conseiller un logiciel ad-hoc ?
>
>J'ai par ailleurs lu dans un message sur le forum le 30/01/98 une réponse de
>Daniel à N. Sauvion qui citait des freewares "digigraph", "datathief",
>"Cabri-graphe" et Groups&graphs" où est-il possible de se les procurer ?
>
> Merci bcp
>
>L. Tito

Daniel Chessel
Universite Lyon 1 - Bat 401C - 69622 Villeurbanne CEDEX - France
Tel : 04 72 44 82 77 Fax : 04 72 43 11 41