Re: Logiciels universitaires, freeware et ouverture

From: Jean Thioulouse (Jean.Thioulouse@biomserv.univ-lyon1.fr)
Date: Wed Jan 07 1998 - 10:01:58 MET

Federico Spinazzi <federico@SysPr03.disat.unimi.it> writes :
>If I think that sources of ADE are avaiable, I think that, for example, it
>could be good to port it on DOS (at least computational modules)...

Unfortunately, ADE-4 is not compatible with DOS or Windows 3. I worked on
this problem a while ago, but the limitation of filenames to 8+3 characters
is very difficult to get round. ADE-4 makes heavy use of filename extensions
and this is completely incompatible with DOS.

Jean

--
Jean Thioulouse - Laboratoire de Biometrie - Universite Lyon 1
69622 Villeurbanne Cedex - France          Fax: 04 78 89 27 19